SAN ANTONIO – Imagine a place where you can experience live music, barter for Fiesta medals from your favorite events, lounge with your family in a kid-friendly atmosphere, shop locally made arts and crafts, and taste creations from San Antonio’s culinary talents all under the San Antonio skyline.
On April 19, 2018 from 4-9 p.m. at Hemisfair Fiesta Fiesta officially kicks off 11-days of food, fashion, music, entertainment, and family-friendly fun –all benefitting great nonprofit causes. The opening event gathers the Alamo City together for one evening for revelers to experience the diversity and culture Fiesta embodies. There is something for everyone, and Fiesta Fiesta is a must-do for seasoned and novice Fiesta-goers alike. As always, Fiesta Fiesta is FREE and the only way to jumpstart your Fiesta experience.
Join the fun as cascarónes are broken and the crowd proclaims, “Viva Fiesta!” to kick off the Alamo City’s biggest, best festival.
What to see and do at Fiesta Fiesta:
- Cultural Showcase – You won’t want to miss this trip around the world from Ireland to China, from India to Germany, you will get to experience it all with our cultural showcase beginning at 4:00 pm on the main stage.
- Live Music and Fireworks – Music this year at Fiesta® Fiesta highlights San Antonio’s diversity, with high-energy sounds from a fantastic lineup of entertainment. If you’re looking for a more laid-back atmosphere, two additional performance areas are scattered throughout the park. As the night comes to an end don’t miss our Special Spotlight Guest – Chris Perez! As the event unfolds, the night will culminate in a fireworks show presented by Macy’s from the Tower of the Americas.
- Pin Pandemonium: Fiesta’s Only Official Medal Marketplace – You may be asking what’s a Fiesta medal? This tradition has been around for years. San Antonio locals and visitors alike collect and trade these prized medals. All proceeds directly benefit local nonprofits and other members of the Fiesta San Antonio Commission –all committed to preserving the traditions of Fiesta and supporting efforts to preserve and enhance Fiesta for future generations. Pin Pandemonium is in fact, mayhem! But the ONLY centralized place to collect official Fiesta Event medals.
- Miss Fiesta San Antonio Book Nook – Join Miss Fiesta San Antonio right in front of Magik Theatre for story time. Carla Juarez, Miss Fiesta San Antonio 2018, will be reading at 4:15 pm (in English with sign language interpreters) and 5:15 pm (in Spanish). The first 200 people to bring a book for Miss Fiesta’s book drive will receive a Miss Fiesta medal!
- Fiesta® Fiesta HeART in the Park – Fiesta Fiesta will play host to a unique children’s Fiesta experience. Celebrate the heart and soul of Fiesta with HeART in the Park! Nestled in Yanaguana Garden, wander through the art as it’s created while your family plays among the structures in the best playground in town.
You can visit the following link to download a full run of show for the kickoff event, as well as other documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1k4fnzrohjy4a8u/AADkQPrIB48nOdZUMbhu8yCja?dl=0
For more information about Fiesta Fiesta you can visit the following links:
About the Fiesta San Antonio Commission
The Fiesta® San Antonio Commission Inc. is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, promotes, coordinates, and preserves Fiesta® San Antonio through support of its Participating Member Organizations in presenting a safe, educational, annual celebration of the diverse heritage, culture and spirit of San Antonio for its residents and visitors.
Fiesta® San Antonio is a fusion of arts, heritage and culture and culminates every year in April— to honor the memory of the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. Taking place over 11 days each April, Fiesta literally has something for everyone with more than 110 events ranging in highlights from music, food, sports and pageantry to military and patriotic observances, exhibits, parades, Fiesta® Royalty and more.
Fiesta is also the “Party with a Purpose” because more than 100 local nonprofit organizations and military units create the more than 100 terrific events that take place over 11 days. Those nonprofit organizations spend the rest of the year giving back to the community of San Antonio.