FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Steve Rosenauer, Executive Director
SAN ANTONIO (August 9, 2022) – The Fiesta® San Antonio Commission is happy to announce its leadership for the 2022-23 Fiesta Year.
The following have been elected as officers of the Commission:
- John Meyer President
- Richard Sparr President-Elect
- David Christian Senior Vice President
- Ferne Burney 1st Vice President
- Jim Mery 2nd Vice President
- Bart Simpson Treasurer
- Kathy De Luna Secretary
- Anne Ballantyne Presidential Appointee
- COL (Ret) Jon Fristoe Immediate Past President
John Meyer exclaims, “I am excited to be the 2022-2023 Commission President and look forward to providing guidance to the Fiesta® leadership, supporting more than 100 non-profit Fiesta® member organization events and serving the San Antonio Community. I invite you to attend all our Official Fiesta® events to support many worthwhile organizations and be a part of the Fiesta® family spirit that is the true success of Fiesta®!”
The following organizations, with their respective representative, will serve the Commission on the Board of Directors:
- Melanie Cawthon disABILITYsa
- Scott Christy The Texas Cavaliers
- Robert Cuellar Fiesta Flambeau® Parade Association, Inc.
- Bill Drain Rey Feo Consejo Educational Foundation
- Johnny Gabriel Rey Feo Scholarship Foundation
- Barclay Houston The Order of the Alamo
- Kelly Kennedy Battle of Flowers® Association
- Laura Read Military-Civilian Club of San Antonio
- Kathy Rhoads The Conservation Society of San Antonio
- David Uhler Beethoven Maennerchor, Inc.
- Virginia Van Cleave The Woman’s Club of San Antonio
- Leroy Sance Jr. San Antonio Zulu Association
The following individuals have been elected to serve the Commission as Elected Commissioners for a three-year term beginning August 1, 2022:
- Gilbert Casillas
- Jonathan Delmer
- Dolores Guzman-Farias
- Daniel Medrano
- Sylvia Reyna
- Linda Skop
- Joe Vela Jr.
The dates of Fiesta 2023 are April 20-30. For more information, please visit www.fiestasanantonio.org.
About the Fiesta® San Antonio Commission
The Fiesta® San Antonio Commission, Inc. is a non-profit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, promotes, coordinates, and preserves Fiesta® San Antonio through support of its Participating Member Organizations in presenting a safe, educational, annual celebration of the diverse heritage, culture and spirit of San Antonio for its residents and visitors.
Fiesta® San Antonio started in 1891 as a one-parade event, Battle of Flowers®, to honor the memory of the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. Today, Fiesta® San Antonio features more than 100 diverse events over eleven days which are produced by nearly 100 local non-profit and military participating member organizations. Because of Fiesta, these organizations can support the San Antonio community throughout the year.