FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Steve Rosenauer, Executive Director
SAN ANTONIO (August 8, 2023) – The Fiesta® San Antonio Commission is happy to announce its leadership for the 2023-2024 Fiesta Year.
The following have been elected as officers of the Commission:
- Richard Sparr President
- David Christian President-Elect
- Ferne Burney Senior Vice President
- Jim Mery 1st Vice President
- Bart Simpson 2nd Vice President
- Kathy De Luna Treasurer
- Joe Vela Jr. Secretary
- JoAnn Boone Presidential Appointee
- John Meyer Immediate Past President
Richard Sparr says, “As the 2023-2024 Fiesta® San Antonio Commission President, I am honored to lead an organization that supports more than 100 San Antonio area nonprofit organizations and helps coordinate events and programs throughout all parts of San Antonio that provide opportunities for everyone to gather and celebrate the diverse heritage, culture and spirit of San Antonio.”
The following organizations, with their respective representative, will serve the Commission on the Board of Directors:
- Jennifer Barbaro Rey Feo Scholarship Committee
- Bill Drain Rey Feo Consejo Educational Foundation
- James Fenimore Fiesta Flambeau® Parade Association, Inc.
- Stefanie Garcia Lo Bello Women’s Association
- Kathy Krnavek The Conservation Society of San Antonio
- Lisa Lynde King William Association
- Carla Miller Alamo Mission Chapter, Daughters of the Republic of Texas
- Eric Reblin The Order of the Alamo
- Paul A. Rohlfs Jr The Texas Cavaliers
- Kerry Rutledge Military-Civilian Club of San Antonio
- Leroy Sance Jr. San Antonio Zulu Association
- David Uhler Beethoven Maennerchor, Inc.
- Virginia Van Cleave The Woman’s Club of San Antonio
- Betsy Zachry Battle of Flowers® Association
The following individuals have been elected to serve the Commission as Elected Commissioners:
- Dr. Richard Adam
- Jo Betsy Booker
- Gilbert Casillas
- Gloria De Hoyos
- Richard Delgado Jr.
- Jonathan Delmer
- Mae Escobar
- Michael Flores
- Marty Gonzalez
- Dolores Guzman-Farias
- Daniel Medrano
- Melissa Ramirez
- Laura Read
- Allison Reyes
- Sylvia Reyna
- Teresa Robertson
- Linda Skop
- Rochelle Staten
- Lori Tips
- Sloan Thomas
- Lillian Villanueva
The dates of Fiesta 2024 are April 18-28. For more information, please visit www.fiestasanantonio.org.
About the Fiesta® San Antonio Commission
The Fiesta® San Antonio Commission, Inc. is a non-profit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, promotes, coordinates, and preserves Fiesta® San Antonio through support of its Participating Member Organizations in presenting a safe, educational, annual celebration of the diverse heritage, culture and spirit of San Antonio for its residents and visitors.
Fiesta® San Antonio started in 1891 as a one-parade event, Battle of Flowers®, to honor the memory of the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. Today, Fiesta® San Antonio features more than 100 diverse events over eleven days which are produced by nearly 100 local non-profit and military participating member organizations. Because of Fiesta, these organizations can support the San Antonio community throughout the year.