Día En La Sombrilla
- Día en la Sombrilla (formerly Fiesta UTSA) started in 1978
- The event is now in its 46th year of entertaining thousands and cracked more than 50,000 cascarones.
- The primary focus of Día en la Sombrilla remains to create a space for student organizations to raise funds by selling food and drinks, host games, and providing services.
- Funds raised by organizations are used for their tournaments, conferences, events, and supplies throughout the year.
- Provide student organization leaders project management opportunities – namely, the coordination of the event as well as individual group fundraising efforts.
- Ensure this opportunity challenges student leaders to build skills in communication, teamwork, and budget management.
All items are sold on site via cash, cashapp, and venmo