Ford Mariachi Festival
- The River Walk has been producing the Ford Mariachi Festival since the late 1970’s established by Belle Ortiz and Juan Ortiz who together created the well-known Mariachis Campanas de America.
- Each night, six boats carrying either costumed Mariachi groups or Folklorico dancers float for two hours on the River Walk.
- The groups are procured from local high school and college Mariachi groups who look forward to playing annually as a highlight of their school year.
- Local Folklorico groups and dancers of all ages delight the River Walk crowds.
- The event is free to the public and enjoyed by the crowds eating and drinking on River Walk bars, patios, and restaurants. Many guests view from their hotel balcony.